~ A Woodworker's Journey ~

My photo
Just having fun with my hobby. Always striving to learn my craft and improve my abilities. I enjoy making nice furniture for the house and other small things like decorative boxes, bowls/trays and other fun items. Also will often be building a lot of things to outfit my garage workshop.

20 September 2011

Adirondack chair - Brackets & Slats

This past weekend was productive.  I got the arm brackets completed and sanded.

Once I got the brackets finished I cut the center and side back slats to rough dimensions on the bandsaw and sanded one of each to be the masters to use to template route the others from.

The two masters were used to make the other slats so they would all come out the same.

The seat slats were a simple matter of cutting to final dimensions.  At this point all the pieces of the chair are done and just need sanding and prep for finishing.  I do still need to cut out a bunch of ebony plugs and use the punch to create the square holes for the plugs.


I did manage to get all this done before the Texans football game (we won so even more good news for my weekend).  Of course I needed to see how it was all looking and did a quick test fit of the chairs.



No comments:

Post a Comment