~ A Woodworker's Journey ~

My photo
Just having fun with my hobby. Always striving to learn my craft and improve my abilities. I enjoy making nice furniture for the house and other small things like decorative boxes, bowls/trays and other fun items. Also will often be building a lot of things to outfit my garage workshop.

15 July 2011

Woodwhisperer Guild Summer 2011 Guild Build Adirondack chair - Starting on the side legs

Posted on 12-July-2011 at:
  Wood Talk Online > The Wood Whisperer Guild > Guild Builds > Adirondack Chair  > Oh, put me in, coach - I’m ready to play today 

The following is a copy of one of many forum posts I made in the Wood Whisperer Guild Build Forum.  For summer 2011 Marc "The Wood Whisperer" Spagnuolo selected Greene and Greene inspired Adirondack chairs for the Summer 2011 Guild Build project.  I wanted to bring over my forum posts to this blog so family and friends could follow my progress without having to join the Wood Talk (Wood Whisperer) Online forums to see the progress.  I'll be copying and pasting all my Wood Whisperer Guild Forum posts over here as well.



Well I got some good shop time this past Saturday and this evening. I finished out the front legs by putting the short 1/4" tenon on the top of the leg and sanded out all the indent details Friday evening and Saturday morning. I got the side legs started on Saturday and got all the operations covered in side legs part 1 video. I still need to cut the mortise for the lower back brace into the inside of the side legs and cut all the curved profiles. I'm getting there slowly but surely - hoping I will get some good shop time in this coming weekend to really get some of this knocked out on the chairs.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment