~ A Woodworker's Journey ~

My photo
Just having fun with my hobby. Always striving to learn my craft and improve my abilities. I enjoy making nice furniture for the house and other small things like decorative boxes, bowls/trays and other fun items. Also will often be building a lot of things to outfit my garage workshop.

15 July 2011

Woodwhisperer Guild Summer 2011 Guild Build Adirondack chair - Adding the front leg indent detail

Posted on 6-July-2011 at:
  Wood Talk Online > The Wood Whisperer Guild > Guild Builds > Adirondack Chair  > Oh, put me in, coach - I’m ready to play today 

The following is a copy of one of many forum posts I made in the Wood Whisperer Guild Build Forum.  For summer 2011 Marc "The Wood Whisperer" Spagnuolo selected Greene and Greene inspired Adirondack chairs for the Summer 2011 Guild Build project.  I wanted to bring over my forum posts to this blog so family and friends could follow my progress without having to join the Wood Talk (Wood Whisperer) Online forums to see the progress.  I'll be copying and pasting all my Wood Whisperer Guild Forum posts over here as well.

Well I managed to get the G&G leg indent jig built last night and went to grab my set of porter cable router guide bushings only to discover the sets largest O.D. diameter bushing was 51/64. It was just as the local Woodcraft store was closing I made this discovery. SO tonight after work I picked up a 1" guide bushing and got to work cutting the indent detail on the bottom of four legs before I had to stop to go eat dinner. I just need to do the slight curve on the bottom of the leg edges with a hand plane and sanding and cut the short square tenon at the top of the leg. After that its find my sanding zen frame of mind and work on sanding out all the machining marks on the leg and putting slight round overs in the indent detail. Hopefully I'll have that done before the weekend so I can focus on 2 sets of side legs over the weekend.



No comments:

Post a Comment