~ A Woodworker's Journey ~

My photo
Just having fun with my hobby. Always striving to learn my craft and improve my abilities. I enjoy making nice furniture for the house and other small things like decorative boxes, bowls/trays and other fun items. Also will often be building a lot of things to outfit my garage workshop.

15 July 2011

Woodwhisperer Guild Summer 2011 Guild Build Adirondack chair - Milling the rough lumber to final thickness and rough dimensions

Posted on 2-July-2011 at:
  Wood Talk Online > The Wood Whisperer Guild > Guild Builds > Adirondack Chair  > Oh, put me in, coach - I’m ready to play today 

The following is a copy of one of many forum posts I made in the Wood Whisperer Guild Build Forum.  For summer 2011 Marc "The Wood Whisperer" Spagnuolo selected Greene and Greene inspired Adirondack chairs for the Summer 2011 Guild Build project.  I wanted to bring over my forum posts to this blog so family and friends could follow my progress without having to join the Wood Talk (Wood Whisperer) Online forums to see the progress.  I'll be copying and pasting all my Wood Whisperer Guild Forum posts over here as well.


 Well its the second day of my build of 2 Adirondack chairs. I didn't quite make my goal of getting the two front legs finished - turns out there is a a damn lot of wood to mill. But at the end of the day there are two stacks of milled cypress sitting on my radial arm saw bench. Here is what two stacks of milled cypress for two chairs looks like -












Here's the mess left behind after jointing and planing that much cypress.


Someone please call my wife and explain to her why a $1500 cyclone dust collector is such an important investment - please I can use whatever lobbying help you can provide ;) (just kidding the dust collector is planned for a bit latter this year).

Hey Marc, since Jet/Powermatic is in such a marketing blitz over their single stage collectors with the vortex cones maybe you can convince them how well it will help their efforts if The Woodwhisperer just happened to have a drawing and/or contest to give one of those away to a lucky Guildie (free schwag is always better then having to buy one - LOL).


Well I am off to shower and take it easy for the rest of my evening
.

No comments:

Post a Comment